July 22, 2013

Super Easy Tomato and Zucchini Pasta

I've been eating like a fat ass for the past few weeks and my body has started to revolt.   So  I wanted to make a light and easy dinner and after scrounging my fridge, I came up with this super easy (and surprisingly) delicious meal.






Tomato and Zucchini Pasta
(serves 2)

1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes sliced in half
1 large zucchini diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
6 oz pasta (I used macaroni because that's what I had)
1/2 tbsp butter
1 c shredded chicken (optional)
1/4 c feta cheese
salt
pepper
1/4 c reserved pasta water

1.  Preheat oven to 425 degree oven.  Mix tomatoes, zucchini, garlic, oil, salt and pepper in a oven safe baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.

2.  While the veggies are roasting, cook pasta per package directions until al dente.  Reserve 1/4 c pasta water and drain the rest.

3.  When the veggies are done roasting, remove from oven.  Melt butter in a saute pan over medium heat.  transfer all contents, including the liquid, from the baking pan, the pasta water, and the chicken to the sautee pan and cook down for 5 mintues.  Once thickened, add the pasta and coat.

4. Top with feta cheese and enjoy.

One of the many bowls I ate that night

This was seriously one of the easiest meals ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment